plant friends

Went to Kew Gardens today with my Natural Medicine Course. It was great. I've been there two or three times and usually wander around aimlessly smelling and enjoying the colours of plants but today I really felt more connected. It is winter, so we looked at the pine and cedar trees (I have always loved pine and cedar trees), and then our guide pointed out a witch hazel tree - who would have known that witch hazel has beautiful bright yellow flowers! It was lovely to make a connection between a live tree and a product that I sell in my shop (witch haze is a skin toner, also you can put some on cotton wool and it is very cooling and soothing, try placing it over tired eyes!). I have never had an interest before in growing anything aside from a house plant but the idea of growing herbs in the garden really is starting to appeal to me. I am going to start with chamomile very soon, as I have chosen it is my plant study for this course. I absolutely love chamomile - it has such a cheeky, happy spirit!

Posted byKarma at Friday, February 10, 2006  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Sunday, September 02, 2007  

Mmmmm! I love Chamomile tea!

Post a Comment