blintz heaven

Sometimes you just cook such an amazing dish that you have to brag about it. Well, there is a new organic bio live yogurt flavour - coconut, and it is greek style too, so really thick and creamy (but not full of sugar like fruit yogurts!) and I don't digest cheese and ice cream well but live yogurt is fine, so.... this morning I made blintzes. They were my favourite sweet breakfast as a child and my health conscious, moderately sweet-toothed adult palate loved my grown-up version:

  • make a dozen or so french crepes (using 200g flour, 2 eggs, rice milk, 100g melted butter and a bit of sugar)
  • fill the hot crepe with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt, st dalfour blueberry preserves (no sugar and NO evil aspartame/sugar substitute), sliced blackberries and/or sliced bananas)
  • roll/fold into your preferred shape and enjoy!

Posted byKarma at Sunday, February 19, 2006  

0 comments:

Post a Comment