an english spring

April is a lovely month to be in the south of England. The greenhouse effect has particularly favoured us this month, it was hot enough on Monday to sunbathe (and I happened to have the day off), and the past couple of days have been sunny and pleasant.

The wisteria are not flowering yet, but the leaves and branches are climbing up my window. I have a view of the garden, and like to watch the fox sleeping just through the cut doorway in the hedge. There is large pile of brown grass which he sleeps on, encircled and head tucked in, and he blends in perfectly. As I savour my jasmine tea, he raises his head, yawns lazily, tucks his head back in.

Today I have a Gilbert and Sullivan performance with WWOS, singing about 6 arias and ensembles, and a bunch of chorus numbers from most of the G&S operas. My favourite, which I am singing for the first time, is the madrigal from Mikado. Should be fun.

Posted byKarma at Thursday, April 19, 2007  

0 comments:

Post a Comment