sun!

I had a great day. It felt like I was living in the moment, without judging myself or anyone or trying to be anything. We did stocktake at work, which was actually fun, listening to classical radio and joking around with Al, Deb and Bel. And when I left at 3pm, the weather was gorgeous. Sunny and warm, and I walked though the park, sitting at the top of the hill for a bit before coming home and then laying out in the garden.

There is nothing like sun in Britain, it feels so magic because it is such a change to the often grey and rainy weather. Not only does it lift my spirits, I feel grateful for good weather! Funny coming from a native Californian. Which gets me thinking, it is really about attitude here, because some things aren't as 'nice' or 'warm' or 'rich country' as the USA, but I have a choice in how I can view that. I can moan about it the whole time, which I have done a lot (it is very difficult not to moan about British rail and the tube as it really is a farce), or I can appreciate the difference and be thankful for small things (and big things too) that happen now. Like today being sunny and me getting off work early enough to enjoy it. And feeling really good and connected on an energetic level singing today, which felt like I was discovering a nurturing way of practicing.

I am going to curl up with a book and bed soon even though it is only 10:30! Quite the opposite of my dear insomniac friend, who is the inspiration for and designer of this blog! Thanks again Steph, I really like it!

Posted byKarma at Sunday, April 03, 2005  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Sunday, September 02, 2007  

And one of mine as well. Imagine! Two beautiful sopranos singing as I lurked behind, turning pages. It was as if La Storace and Aloysia had joined forces to fill my heart with utter, divine rapture!

Too florid? Okay. Sue me!

Anonymous said... Sunday, September 02, 2007  

Hello dear one. I have several online friends from England and all have told me that the weather has been quite lovely over there! How I wish Steph and I could be there with you. It has been too long since we last saw you. I'd love to sit at the piano and sing 'Sul aria' with you like we did back at Steph's penthouse that lovely October night. That is one of my very favorite memories!

Post a Comment