Cook, Bless, Eat#2

Tonight I made fried polenta with sauteed mushrooms, fennel, and crispy buttery sage. It turned out rather nice, although I am still learning how to crisp my sage just right - I managed one good leaf out of 5.
Work is physically demanding now, and strangely, mentally demanding too - we are setting a new store, and putting products into just the right places and checking numbers is a bit of torture - but the team are great and I love the neighborhood we are in, there is a fabulous food market just 5 mins walk away. Funny - I used to think about clothes and shoes, now I think about fancy condiments and organic vegetables. Anything that says 'raw' on the label - I have to buy it and taste it (I had raw sauerkraut last night, full of prebiotics, amazing).
Trying to muster the courage now to go to anna's jazz island - its open mike night - and I didn't organize far enough in advance to bring a friend along, so should I go on my own and belt out a jazz tune or two?

Posted byKarma at Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

2 comments:

Unknown said... Wednesday, March 19, 2008  

yes yes and yes!

Parnassian Strip Mine said... Monday, April 21, 2008  

Hey Karma,

I'm going to try my hand at crisping some sage tonight; it sounds delicious!

Raw sauerkrout sounds a little like a non-spicy version of kimchee, although the latter is rather stinky. I'm addicted to it.

How are things in SF? It's good to have you back in the states.

Post a Comment